Join the Movement
How You Can Join
SYC Movement Members:
Movement Members commit to:
- Join the family.
- Pray for the family.
- Pray for your community.
- Champion the mission.
- We welcome you into the family.
- We help you stay connected.
- We pray for you and your community.
- We help you know who we are and how we do things.
SYC Missional Staffers:
Missional Staffers commit to:
- Fully participate in SYC movement life, including through prayer, nationally.
- Learn and become skilled in the mission, locally.
- We support you in integrating our values.
- We help you find your place on the team and grow in skill and competence.
- We mentor you on your journey in Christian mission.
SYC Vocational Staffers:
Vocational Staffers commit to:
- Carry out our Christian vocation as part of the SYC family and within our mission.
- Take and fulfil the vows of our fellowship.
- Grow in functional, servant leadership and influence.
- We will encourage, support and serve with you as we do mission together.
- We commit to growing as a family together.
- Together we will grow in knowledge and skill.
Volunteers commit to:
- Join a team.
- Champion the team.
- We welcome you on to the team.
- We support you to be as effective as possible in your role on the team.
As of August 2020 we are looking to fill the following roles in Reading:
- Youth Workers to join both our Schools and Detached youth work teams.
- An Intern to be part of our everyday life and ministry
- A Networker Fundraiser to help us go to the next level income wise so we can offer team stipends and salaries
- Someone to drive a marketing campaign for our work
Contact us using the button below to ask for an application form or speak with one of the team.
If you’d like to be part of what we are doing through the SYC movement, or are interested in any of the roles we are looking to fill, we’d love to hear from you!