As a relational organisation we have a number of ways you can connect with us and take part in shifting culture and bringing change across the UK. We consider ourselves very much like a family, which means communication and contact are important. We know being together in person is not always possible, so our annual gathering for National Conference is a precious time that we all make a priority.
How You Can Join
SYC Movement Members:
Movement Members commit to:
- Join the family.
- Pray for the family.
- Pray for your community.
- Champion the mission.
- We welcome you into the family.
- We help you stay connected.
- We pray for you and your community.
- We help you know who we are and how we do things.
SYC Missional Staffers:
Missional Staffers commit to:
- Fully participate in SYC movement life, including through prayer, nationally.
- Learn and become skilled in the mission, locally.
- We support you in integrating our values.
- We help you find your place on the team and grow in skill and competence.
- We mentor you on your journey in Christian mission.
SYC Vocational Staffers:
Vocational Staffers commit to:
- Carry out our Christian vocation as part of the SYC family and within our mission.
- Take and fulfil the vows of our fellowship.
- Grow in functional, servant leadership and influence.
- We will encourage, support and serve with you as we do mission together.
- We commit to growing as a family together.
- Together we will grow in knowledge and skill.
Volunteers commit to:
- Join a team.
- Champion the team.
- We welcome you on to the team.
- We support you to be as effective as possible in your role on the team.